Ad Link

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tom Hanks


I am a hardcore Tom Hanks fan thanks to his movie ‘Forrest Gump’, that’s the first time I watched Hanks. Then next movie I watched of his was ‘Catch Me If You Can’. After these two movies I was able to form the impression that Tom Hanks is a very serious actor and most of his movie end on a very sentimental note. When I ended watching ‘Saving Private Ryan’, the movie kept revolving around my head for the rest of the day. His acting has always been subtle and the characters he plays are intense people but very mellow on the outside much like Hanks himself. Tom has always acted according to the substance in the role.

One of his more powerful acting was in the movie ‘The Green Mile’. I was pleasantly surprised! Hanks played a jail officer, who heads a block of the prison. It’s a dirty job and for a man with a lot of spine. The way Tom acted out the role was just like he would have been if he really was the prison in-charge, with a lot of thoughtfulness and patience he lend the character a lot of respect. Again, ‘The Green Mile’ ended on a very heavy note that leaves you thinking. The whole movie, ‘The Green Mile’ is a flashback and concludes with the present much like the movie ‘Saving Private Ryan’.

Hanks is a very lovable person in a weird sort of way.

No comments: